lunes, 4 de marzo de 2019

rehearsal blog 1


                


  In today's lesson, my group and I rehearsed, went over the lines of the play we will perform in front of an audience called  Born Bad, as well as improving the staging which was new to us with this play, I have already learned  parts of my script and I am finding challenging to sound naturalistic, because  I am trying to remember the script while saying the lines, I have recognised this challenge and to not make it an obstacle on my performance I am practising my lines twice a day instead of once so then when I'm  rehearsing or performing I don't have to think so much about the next line and stop which most of the times leads to unfocus.
However, there were a many things that went well. First of all, we are learning section by section of the script, the first section is our first scene. in the first scene, Dawta, the oldest daughter, is asking her sister (me) Sister 1, what she knows about when they were younger as her dad abused her and nobody spoke up, it isn't clear if sister 1 remembers what happened at this point but I believe she feels a sense of guilt and that is why she takes so long to get to the pointand admit what she knows. As I understand her intentions and put myself in her shoes the scene sounds good when we are rehearsing it.
 Another thing that went well and  would say we improved is the pauses, in our script there are many dashes which mean we have to make small pauses when saying the sentence and we almost nailed compared to the last time we rehearsed our script. Meaning that, the more we read it the more naturalistic it becomes.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario